View
        Here are three views of Schloss Landeck, the castle on the south side of Landeck and along the Inn River. The image at left is from just above the river, the middle is from the west side of the river's canyon, and the third is from a meadow above and to the southwest of Landeck.

        First constructed in the thirteenth century, the castle was built further in 1530 by the Emperor Maximilian. Built to guard the southwestern approach to Tirol, it today houses a museum. We'll see the castle again, if only from a distance, at our next stop.

On to the next image in the full trip down the Inn. Go!

        Back to the previous image.

On to the next image in the shorter trip of highlights.

Back to the Trip Down the Inn page, where you can choose from the full list of images.


Back to Railsback's Alpine and Glacial Geology course page.

Back to Railsback's Bruce Railsback's main page.

Email to Bruce Railsback

UGA Geology Home Page